Servings: 4 • Prep time: 20 mins • Cook time: 15 mins • Total time: 35 mins
- 6 C Jasmine Rice (Cold, hard rice works the best)
- 1 C Lap Cheong
- 1/2 C Dried Shrimp, rehydrated in hot water, and strained
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C Onions, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 C Green Onions, sliced
- 2 T Sugar
- 1 t Salt
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- 1 t White Pepper
- Heat a large wok or sauté pan on high heat, add lap cheong and cook until a good amount of fat is rendered and the edges are crisp.
- Add shrimp, onions, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are brown around the edges
- Add eggs and scramble. It's ok to overcook the eggs and if there's some browning with the eggs it's even better.
- Stir in rice, sugar, salt, white pepper, and soy sauce and cook for 10 minutes or until rice is hot and and some browning has occured.
- Serve it with Yeak's Baithong or Kmao sauce