Servings: 4 • Prep time: 20 mins • Total time: 30 mins • Yield: 4 servings
Cole Slaw, the classic American summer salad that is always popular at any outing. I took this American classic and updated it to give it an Asian-American taste. Using different types of cabbage gives this cole slaw a completely different texture and the Kewpie mayonnaise makes it so much more interesting.
- 4 C Napa Cabbage, sliced very thin
- 4 C Green Cabbage, sliced very thin
- 4 C Purple Cabbage, sliced very thin
- 1 C Carrots, very thin shreds
- 1 C Kewpie Japanese Mayonnaise
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C vinegar
- 1 t salt
- 1 t black ground pepper
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 T sesame oil
- In a large bowl combine cabbages, and carrots.
- In another bowl whisk together Kewpie, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the mayonnaise mixture into the salad mixture. Toss lightly.
- Transfer to a serving vessel.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and finish with a drizzle of sesame oil. Serve cold.