Servings: 4 • Prep time: 30 mins • Cook time: 30 Minutes • Total time: 1 hour
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 Lemongrass stalk, cut in half
- 2 Galangal, large slices
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 4 T Pickled Lemon Juice (optional)
- 1 T Fish Sauce
- Salt and White pepper to taste
- 1 Fresh lime juice
- Mint, rough chop
- Scallions, rough chop
- In a large pot, combine whole chicken, kaffir, lemongrass stalk, galangal, garlic cloves, and fill with water until chicken is submerged.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove from hot stock, and submerge chicken into an ice bath.
- Strain the stock and set aside.
- Remove chicken meat from the bone and shred into large pieces.
- Place shredded chicken back into stock, and bring to a simmer.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Ladle into a serving bowl and finish with mint, scallions, and lime juice.