Servings: 4 • Prep time: 15 mins • Cook time: 20 mins • Total time: 35 mins
- 1 Lb chicken liver
- 2 C Milk
- 1 T Butter
- ½ C Onion, diced
- 1 T Garlic, minced
- 1 t Coriander seeds
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 1 T Salt
- 2 T Pepper
- ½ C White Wine
- ¼ Lb Butter, cut into fourths
- In a bowl, combine the chicken liver and milk, let it soak for 2 hours or over night in the refrigerator.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until onions begin to brown around the edges
- Drain the chicken livers and discard the milk.
- Add chicken liver to sauté pan along with coriander seeds, bay leafs.
- When livers are about done, add white wine to the pan and deglaze
- Continue cooking until the wine has reduced out of the pan
- Allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes or until it reaches room temp, remove bay leafs
- Add mixture to blender, blend on high, and add salt and pepper. Gradually add butter into the blender.
- Place pate into a mason jar, and allow it to cool in the refrigerator, serve when ready.